Beauty is in the eye of the beholder and each one of us has their own concept of what is beautiful. Once you start an arts and crafts hobby, you will be amazed at how quickly you get ideas for projects you can create.
When should I start arts and crafts as a hobby?
I started arts and crafts when I was in college when I needed a gift for my friend who had just transferred to a new dorm. I wanted something special as a housewarming gift, unlike the usual bed covers and mugs. She is fond of collecting candles so I used plain white candles in my home and decorated it using twigs wrapped around it. To accentuate it in her home, I applied a little amount of wood varnish and proudly give it to her. I must say she really enjoyed it.
Arts and Crafts is anything you make yourself!
There are so many arts and crafts activities you can choose from. You can select one or more depending on your time and preference:
- Paint on canvas using oils, acrylics, and watercolors.
- Paper crafts like scrapbooking, popup cards, card making, and paper quilling or filigree.
- There’s needlework such as embroidery, crochet, cross stitching, rhinestone art stitching, and knitting just to name a few.
- There’s jewelry making such as beading, wire twisting, and polymer clay designs.
- There’s wreath making for all kinds of holidays.
- Candle making can be even more creative than you think.
- Lastly, junk art that has become so popular and is made from things you find in and around your own home.
There are many more forms of crafting that have not been mentioned here and I’m sure even more are being created as we speak, so have a great day and happy crafting!